CNMG1204 PVD Coating Turning Tungsten Carbide Inserts For Stainless
About Tungsten Carbide Inserts
Carbide insert is made of tungsten carbide, which is a kind of
alloy material made of refractory metal hard compound and binding
metal through powder metallurgy technology.Carbide insert has good
hardness and wear resistance, good strength and toughness. Carbide
insert also has heat resistance, corrosion resistance and a series
of other excellent properties.Especially the hardness and wear
resistance of carbide insert, carbide insert still has a good
hardness at 1000 ℃. Carbide insert mainly uses solid cemented
carbide as the matrix. Carbide insert also needs multi-channel
production process to finish. Carbide insert, as the teeth of
modern industry, plays a fundamental role in the development of the
|CNMG For stainless steel machining||KHM||MA||LM|
Different chipbreakers of CNMG For stainless steel machining:
The high toughness substrate with TiALSIN coating ofultrafine grain
size, is univeral and suitable for the processing of stainless
steel and high temperature alloy.
Features of our carbide inserts
1. Less tool breakage, cost down of each component
Saving costs and reducing the cost of each component to increase
the profits. The high wear resistance makes the long service life
of the carbide inserts, which means you could saving more budget on
purchasing the inserts.
2. Effective chip control & perfect turning surface
Provides perfect turning surface of the workpiece. Excellent and
reasonable Chipbreaker design, removing the chips smoothly and
taking away the heat of the rubs of the workpiece.
3. Higher production, long tool life
Long tool life means you need less time changing the inserts while
machining. A reliable and safe performance every time.
4. PVD coating ensures the non-stick performance
The layer of the PVD coating with the thickness around 2.5um-4um
which guaranteed that the stainless steel grinding dust won't stock
on the inserts, thus can take off the heat and protect the inserts.
Factors that influences chip breaking
- Insert geometry: Based on the width of chip room and the design of micro- and macro
geometry, the chip will be open or more compressed
- Nose radius: Smaller nose radius controls the chip more than a bigger nose
- Entering (lead) angle: Depending on angle, the chip is directed in different ways;
towards shoulder or out from shoulder
- Cutting depth: Depending on the workpiece material, a larger cutting depth will
influence the chip breaking, leading to bigger forces to break and
remove the chip
- Feed: A higher feed will in general create stronger chips. Can in some
cases help chip breaking and chip control
- Cutting speed: Change of cutting speed can influence the chip breaking
- Material: A short chipping material (for example cast iron) is in general
easy to machine. For materials with excellent mechanical strength
and resistance to creep (the tendency for solids to slowly move or
deform under stress, for example, Inconel), the chip breaking is of
Technical support and after-sale service:
When you have any question about carbide inserts, please contact
us, we would do our best to provide the technical service:
- Suggesting more suitable model to replace the brands of Japan,
Korea and so on.
- Recommending more suitable processing parameters.
- We can recommending a full set of practical scheme according to the
workpiece design, material and CNC machine feed rate, cutting speed
- We can offer together with tool holder.